Cables are everywhere around us and most of the time not visible once they are installed. However in the event of fire rolling stock equipments should remain functional to help in the evacuation process. Fire resistant cables are designed to be used in safety systems (emergency lighting, fire detection, warning systems, door opening, etc.) for control or power feeding. Nexans is dedicated to improve safety in rolling stock by protecting people’s lives and trail from fires with innovative fire safety cables. These cables ensure the integrity of electrical circuits for a certain time after the fire started.
Standards & Specifications
- Fire resistance acc. to: EN 50200 & IEC 60331-2
- Fire resistant cables also comply with: EN 45 545-2, DIN 5510-2, BS 6853-1A, NFPA 130, UNICEI 11 170-3 & GOST-R 31 565.
- Voltage rate: 300/500 V, 0,6/1kV, 1,8/3kV
- Single core and multicore (unshielded or shielded) power and control cables
- Low smoke emission according to IEC 61 034-2,
- Low toxicity (ITC<3) and corrosivity of evolved gases after burning
- Halogen-free content according to IEC 60 754-1
- pH > 4 according to IEC 60 754-2
- Conductivity < 100 μS/cm to IEC 60 754-2
- High mechanical resistance (against abrasion, tensile strength and cut through):no additional protection required,
- Excellent chemical resistance (against acids, alkalis, oil, fuel, …)